2006-10-21

Welcome

Maybe I'm a bit ahead of myself, but the year 2017 will be the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, and I believe this anniversary and the years leading up to it will provide an ideal opportunity for Christians to pause and reflect on where they've come from, as a way of refocusing on where we need to go for the future.

I do not write from a position of strength. That is, I am not going to make bold arguments. This blog is more likely than not going to be an infrequent, longer-term project on my part. I may ask more questions than I answer. I've studied theology and church history from an informal but decidedly cncerned level. I'm a professional, I have a good job, I have a wife and six kids who mean more to me than anything. I'm a former Catholic who has decided that I can't accept Catholic claims to authority. Papal claims, especially, but Catholic generally.

As for my personal theology, I'm evangelical, and I lean toward Reformed. I'm convinced that God exists, that Jesus lived, performed many miracles, died for our sins, and was raised from the dead for our sins according to the Scriptures. I believe that the Bible alone is the Word of God.

No comments: